Customer Service Representative for Personal Insurance
|Department:||Personal Lines Service|
|Reports to:||Lead Personal Lines Agent|
|Status:||Non-exempt / Full-Time|
|Salary Range:||$12.00 – $20 per hour DOE|
Enjoy helping others and are detailed oriented. You are comfortable with talking to people on the phone and using a computer all day, so you are computer literate. Like to work with numbers and learn new things. You desire to be part of a team and want to be part of the solution and not the problem.
- Establish working relationships with clients, potential clients and companies we represent on the phone, email and on paper.
- Supporting teammates with follow up for clients and prospects.
- Research and resolve coverage questions.
- Promptly respond to client needs either on the phone or electronically.
- Maintain client files and process routine correspondence between our agency and the client or company… both paper records and on our many different software programs
- (optional) Cultivate new opportunities and offer additional lines of insurance through consultative selling.
- Assist with other office duties as they arise and are needed.
Requirements & Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and a calculator
- Type quickly and accurately
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organized, structured, punctual and will follow the rules
- Patient, respectful, reliable, trustworthy, friendly, supportive, articulate, kind, ethical and honest.
High school diploma and 2 years business or relevant field
No previous insurance experience is required. We will train and educate the successful candidate. However, having previous experience working within the insurance industry is a bonus.
Limitations and Disclaimer
All job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significate risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must posses the abilities or aptitudes to preform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.