A picture is worth a thousand words. What is a video worth if such is the case? It is worth more than a million words, since, it can be worth one’s safety and security. So, in this article, we will discuss audio-video surveillance systems.
Audio-Video Surveillance System or CCTV?
Security cameras allow the owner to keep an eye on his or her property from the safety and comfort of anywhere he or she chooses. In today’s world, this type of technology has shown to be an effective barrier against larceny and unwanted access.
To help keep their premises safe, most organizations that have sensitive items or are off-limits to the general public use these cameras. We may compare installing an audio video surveillance system to purchasing home insurance or business because it provides ‘backup’ and support when an unfortunate event occurs. Security cameras allow the owner to keep an eye on his or her property from the safety and comfort of anywhere he or she chooses.
You might want to check this Ultimate Home Defense guide.
Good news: Video Surveillance Systems are simple to set up
What’s even better is that contemporary technology has made installing security measures like security cameras a breeze! You no longer need to be a high-ranking German officer in WWII or a scientist to set up one. You might even be able to put one together on your own! In relation to these, below are the basic procedures for installing one on your own according to cctvsg.net.
- Look for a good view and a steady power source.
- In mounting your camera, drill holes in the wall, ceiling, and other locations you’ve chosen to mount the camera. After that, place your camera in the proper location and angle. When situating your security camera, make sure it has the best motion detection possible.
- Drill holes for the wires to pass through, and if you’re installing in a two or three-story house, consider the shortest route.
More Advantages of Video Surveillance Systems
- Push all of the camera cables’ ends into the holes you’ve drilled. You can hide the cables and keep them from wearing out this way. Each cable wire has two wires with connections on it. One is for the video recorder, while the other is for a reliable power source. You can either make a single power source for the cables or put them into separate sockets for electricity. You have to attach the DVR/NVR recorder to the display when you link the wires for view recording.
- The next step is to connect your home CCTV system and see if it can effectively receive electricity after the wiring process is complete.
- The final step in a do-it-yourself house security camera installation is to set up the cameras. You can use smartphones, desktops, and tablets to access your video camera. Some self-install home CCTV camera manufacturers include an app and PC software that allows you to view your camera from anywhere.
Pointers to keep before purchasing Video Surveillance Systems
Much if a video surveillance system is convenient, properly installing it and being logical will provide you with even more convenience. You might want to take into account the following aspects before purchasing a system.
- Study your needs and examine your requirements. The type of security measures you implement will be determined by your unique security requirements. For instance, how big is the area you want to cover? How many cameras do you need to keep an eye on this area? You must ensure that the security camera system you are purchasing has enough expansion slots.
- Consider the location of the cameras. Will it be difficult to put up the site? In that situation, wireless security camera systems might be a good option. However, you must place these cameras that allow for high-quality broadcasting. There must be no interference with the process. They can be moved around the area. They are a bit more flexible.
- Will the camera system be for outdoor purposes? Outdoor cameras require special waterproof housings and may not be suitable for use in harsh temperatures or in the presence of various elements. Those who may be targeted for vandalism must also be safeguarded.
More Pointers that we need to take note of
- Do you need audio too? Some camera systems also include audio recording equipment, so you can not only see but also hear what’s going on. This is critical in situations where you want everything documented. This, however, could be costly. Many organizations merely require security video records.
- Also, you must be certain whether you need to have your security camera recorded in color or black and white. Color cameras, on the other hand, are more complex and produce a better image. They are, however, generally expensive. In low-light circumstances, color cameras may not work.
- It is essential too to take into consideration the lighting for an area. If your camera is unable to capture a scene due to poor lighting, you will be left with muddy images that will not aid your surveillance efforts. Choose a security camera with high light sensitivity. Also, use external lighting to illuminate such areas.
- You must examine the location of the power sources. Make sure they’re safe from the elements and manipulation.
- Consider the available methods for recording the images. You can back up your data on a number of media. Even the usage of hard disks, compact discs, and DVDs, with the advent of computer storage media, can prove to be an economical option to keep your data.
Indeed, humanity has come a long way in terms of protecting themselves, their loved ones, and their assets. Well, life is a difficult battle, and having something to lean on can save you and your efforts a great deal of time and work. We hope you learned a lot about audio-video surveillance systems.
As a top insurance agency in Denver, CO, we pride ourselves on maintaining long-term relationships. Call us today and make sure you and your family are protected.